Midokura is the leader in Cloud Networking solutions for Industry 4.0 applications. Drawing on our pioneering expertise in network software virtualization, Midokura has developed the industry’s first cloud network built from the ground up to meet the needs of industrial enterprises that are investing in Industry 4.0 automation based solutions as a competitive advantage for Smart Factory, IoT/M2M initiatives, manufacturing, and connected cars.
Using Midokura’s Cloud Networking solutions, these organizations can now easily connect and secure distributed devices, systems and processes throughout their entire business, and rapidly deploy and scale network resources as physical infrastructure and business needs change.
From the factory floor to the warehouse to the enterprise data center, Midokura’s Cloud Networking solutions offer full-stack visibility and actionable insights that reduce costs, increase productivity, and drive intelligent decision making at every layer of your business. Essentially,connecting Operational Technology (OT) in the field such as factory floors to Information Technology (IT) in the enterprise data center.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for demand generation, new customer acquisition, partner eco-system enhancement, sales strategy & execution for Japan and APAC. This position is an executive level position and will report directly to President of Midokura Japan K.K. The position is measured by, and expected to achieve all agreed upon new sales and marketing goals for the assigned territory.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans
- Manage efforts to research and identify customer prospects and targets
- Build and maintain Midokura’s company brand, establishing our position in the market
- Collaborate with product teams as well as sales and marketing in other regions to develop new product offerings within existing and new lines of business.
- Represent Midokura by driving business development with company partners
- Conduct market research and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy
- Accountable for personal sales quotas based on corporate revenue goals
- Personally engage in key account sales, business development, and ongoing customer success
- Develop and actively maintain sales forecasts across assigned accounts their business expansion and lines of business
- Measure, metrics and report results of sales and plan execution
- Identify areas for improvement and acts to implement positive change
- Manage development and maintenance of referral-generation plans
- Manage development and execution of external and internal sales communications plans
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of GTM experience and successful track record in manufacturing market, especially solution selling experience with some degree of IoT or Industry IoT products. Network product would be a plus.
- At least 2 years as Senior Manager or Director position
- Experience in enterprise software sales, SaaS sales or business technology products and services
- Management skill for Sales including Partners and End-User
- Management experience in Marketing & Business Operations including planning and forecasting
- Experience creating data driven programs to drive company strategy
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills in Japanese and English, especially at customer and board level
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with data management and analysis
- Ability to thrive in a cross-cultural, cross-functional, matrix management, dynamic, fast paced environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Ability to build a productive sales and marketing team